Serving Your Best Interests With
Competent, Comprehensive
Services At A Reasonable Cost
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law Overview
  4.  » Minor Guardianships

Representing Parents And Family Members In Guardianship Proceedings

When a parent is unable to fully care for their child and provide for his or her well-being, due to a variety of factors, including substance abuse or mental illness, a minor guardianship can be sought. This is a legal designation that allows a family member or close loved one to act as the legal parent and make decisions on behalf of the child, while keeping him or her safe and healthy.

At The Bender Law Firm, I represent clients in Columbia and throughout mid-Missouri in obtaining guardianship of a minor. I am attorney Charles A. Bender, and I have extensive experience handling a wide range of family law issues, including minor guardianships and power of attorney issues that may apply.

Call 573-355-9271 or contact me online to arrange for a free initial consultation.

A legal guardianship can be pursued if it is in the child’s best interests. Most individuals who are seeking guardianship have been caring for the child for a period of time before an official designation of guardianship is sought. However, this is not always the case and if the situation calls for it, we can seek guardianship for a family member who has not cared for the child as the legal guardian but wishes to in the future.

Contested Guardianships

In some cases, the biological parent or parents may be fighting the guardianship petition that is filed by a family member. These can be highly emotionally charged situations. Regardless of your position in the case, it is important that you have an experienced lawyer on your side to ensure that your rights are preserved and the best interests of the child or children are kept in mind by everyone involved in the case.

I am able to go into court and fight for my clients. Whether you are fighting to keep your child or attempting to obtain a guardianship over a minor child, I can review your situation and determine the best way to structure the arguments in order for the judge to fully understand your case.

Free Consultation With The Bender Law Firm

Contact me, a Columbia guardianship of a minor attorney, at The Bender Law Firm today to schedule your free initial consultation. Call my office at 573-355-9271 or send an email.