Jump to Navigation

Legal Name Changes

There are several reasons why someone may want to have a name change done. It may involve wanting to restore your maiden name following a divorce, to honor a stepparent or other relative or for a variety of other reasons. In some cases, people simply do not like their given name and wish to change it.

A legal name change is a straightforward process that can be done for a modest cost in a short period of time. The process involves a filing a short petition in circuit court followed by a very brief court hearing and a subsequent publication of the petition in a newspaper in your city or county.

In my practice I have handled several name changes and can assist you if you wish to pursue a name change for whatever reason.

If you are considering a name change, then please contact my firm for a free consultation.

Areas of Our Practice How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.